Program Management Office (PMO)
Our PM expertise means our customers benefit from well managed and successful programs resulting in greater agency trust in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).
We leverage project management constructs and principles based on the Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) to ensure customer organizations implement effective planning techniques, efficient task management, optimum performance measurement, and complete accountability. Our goal is to clearly align program and project performance with agreed-upon metrics and the organization’s mission goals. Our focus on Change Management, Risk Management, and Quality Management has earned us national recognition for delivering projects on time and within budget.
Drawing from our extensive experience and our proprietary library of proven project plans and templates, Acentia supports government agencies by improving program performance, risk, efficiency and predictability.
Acentia established an IT PMO for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). We implemented standard project management policies and processes that incorporated OMB, Health and Human Services departmental, Federal Enterprise Architecture, and Agency requirements and we developed and deployed an overarching Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and IT governance policy. This allowed the FDA to more effectively manage their technology investments.
Our work was recognized with the Office of the Commissioner Leveraging Collaboration Honor Award for establishing an Agency-wide partnership and collaboration between all FDA components that implemented standardized project management practices to improve the delivery of IT projects. In addition to PMI best practices, the FDA benefitted from our CMMI Level 2 Certification (Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute's Software Capability Maturity Model Integration (SEI CMMI).
Acentia tailors our approach to the specific needs and objectives of your organization. Starting with as little as a simple needs assessment or working under a comprehensive Statement of Work (SOW), our complete project management framework includes: Work and Organizational Breakdown Structures (WBS/OBS); Integrated Master Plan (IMP); Critical Path Method (CPM); resource allocation; baseline, staffing and variance analysis; Performance Management Baseline (PMB); basis of estimates (BOE); and budget/cost time phasing.
Our Project Managers are certified Project Management Professionals (PMPs) with extensive training and many years of practical experience. They are fluent in a variety of project and portfolio management tools such as MS Project, MS Excel, (local and server), and the Primavera suite, including ProSight. We help organizations succeed by providing specialized training, delivering unique technology or industry subject matter expertise, and leveraging quality frameworks and IT best practices such as the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). We offer a comprehensive range of services, including:
- Managing and completing projects according to budget and schedule
- Supporting the management of projects
- PMO startup and management
- Project management best practices, methodology, and technology integration
- Project portfolio management
- Project and portfolio tool implementation
- Business case development and analysis
- ITIL® Version 3 (V3) process development and management
- Total Quality Management (TQM)
- Earned Value Management (EVM) and reporting
- Project framework compliance with Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
- Business metric development, including Performance Management, Service Level Management (SLM), Acceptable Quality Levels (AQLs) and Key Performance Parameters and Indicators (KPI/KPP)
- Resource management
- Records and document management
- Meeting management, communications and administrative project support
- Staffing support
- Technology and industry Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Implementation of collaboration and knowledge management tools such as SharePoint and Livelink